July 18th, 2022
Best Places to Live in Garner
Are you relocating to Garner, NC? These are some of the top neighborhoods in Garner!
While there are many reasons why people love living in Garner, the number of outstanding neighborhoods in the area is part of what makes this beautiful town so desirable.
Attracting families, young professionals, and college students to this wonderful community, Garner has made a name for itself as a great place to live, work, raise a family, and earn an excellent education in the Triangle area.
Recognized as a good place to retire as well, Garner is a diverse All-American town that has been ranked as one of the best places to live in North Carolina.
As part of the Research Triangle region of North Carolina, Garner is located close to Research Triangle Park which is the largest research park in the United States. Plus, found only minutes away from other popular areas including Raleigh, Clayton, and Cary, there is no better place to call home.
Providing a good mixture of newer subdivisions and rural suburban neighborhoods that are being built on older farmland just outside of the city center, finding your dream home is easy in Garner no matter your lifestyle or what you are looking for.
With that being said, read on to learn more about some of the best neighborhoods in Garner, NC!
Jump ahead to the best places to live in Garner:
Here are some of the best neighborhoods in Garner!
The beautiful neighborhood of Heather Hills in Garner has both single-family homes and townhomes for sale that all range in price and size.
Found in a convenient location on Aversboro Road in the 27529 zip code area, the residents of Heather Hills love living near top amenities including world-class restaurants and recreation facilities.
With a neighborhood pool and community clubhouse, there is always an event to attend in the neighborhood including adult swim parties in the summer and the annual Heather Hills Midsummer Music Fest.
- Historic Yates Mill County Park: This circa 1756 is a fully restored gristmill that features a visitor center, museum, walking trails, and a 20-acre lake
- Neuse River Trail: This 34.5-mile-long paved greenway passes through multiple counties in North Carolina and is a great place to walk, jog, run, and bike
- Lake Johnson Park: While many visitors love walking along the miles of lakeside trails, this park is also a nice place to boat, kayak, paddleboard, fish, or just hang out
Located just eight minutes from downtown Raleigh and five minutes to major interstate highways including interstate 540, the neighborhood of Heather Woods is a great place to live in Garner.
With homes built between 1980 and 1990, Heather Woods is considered to be a well-established neighborhood with plenty of tree coverage and safe streets.
With approximately 120 homes making up the neighborhood most homes range between 1,750 and 3,500 square feet and range in price from the 200s to the low 400s.
Found within a five-minute walk to beloved local area parks, Heather Woods is an ideal place to live for families and individuals who love wide open spaces and nature trails.
- Lake Benson Park: Features a lake for fishing and boating as well as walking trails and picnic areas for the whole family to enjoy
- White Deer Park: This 96-acre park is home to a greenway and loop trails for biking as well as two playgrounds, a nature center, and picnic shelters
- Lake Wheeler Park: This large waterfront recreation area is great for kayaking, boating, and fishing
The Glens at Bethel
Featuring mostly large homes that are all reasonably priced, The Glens at Bethel dates back to 2006 and has continued to develop over the years as more people move to the area.
With plenty of single-family homes to choose from that mostly features up to five bedrooms, and three bathrooms, and are up to 2,928 square feet in size, The Glens at Bethel is a fantastic community to call home close to downtown Raleigh.
While residents will defiantly need a car or bike to get around town, traveling around town is easy which makes commute times low.
For those moving with school-aged children, The Glens at Bethel is part of the Wake County Public School District which is the largest and most highly-rated school district in the state. Some of the top schools in the area include Creech Road Elementary School, East Garner Middle School, and Garner Magnet High School.
- Hilltop Needmore Town Park and Preserve: A nice place to walk, this park and preserve features open green spaces and nature trails
- Randleigh Dairy Heritage Museum: Learn about the history of the dairy business in North Carolina at this museum
- Centennial Park: This 10-acre park is used for recreational soccer games
Willow Springs is a nice unincorporated suburban neighborhood that is made up of medium-sized and large single-family homes that were built between 1970 and 1999. It is often overlooked as it resides between two of the more popular destinations in Garner and Fuquay-Varina.
Since some homes were also built between the year 2000 and the present, Willow Springs is considered to be a well-established neighborhood where the median real estate price is in the low 300s.
Ranked among the best in Garner and the Triangle area for raising a family, the community is 96.2% more family-friendly than other neighborhoods in the state due to its low crime rates, highly-rated public school system, and availability of single-family homes.
- Alexander's Mediterranean Cuisine: Offering dine-in, take-out, and delivery through DoorDash, this casual Greek restaurant is serving authentic dishes and Sunday brunch
- Ragazzi's Italian Restaurant: Serving pasta, pizza, and other Italian dishes in a comfortable setting
- Big Ed's Garner Restaurant: Known to be a staple restaurant in the area, Big Ed's in Garner is serving classic southern favorites and delicious breakfast
Located about four miles south of downtown Raleigh, Tryon Pointe is a brand new community in Garner that is built by Smith Douglas Homes.
Now selling single-family homes that range between 1,679 and 2,565 square feet, homes available have two-car garages, three to five bedrooms, and 2 to three and a half bathrooms.
Featuring Craftsman-style homes that have sidewalk-lined streets and private lots that are surrounded by natural areas, Tryon Pointe is a beautiful place to call home that is located near major interstate highways, award-winning restaurants, and local retail stores.
- Jose and Sons Bar and Kitchen: The go-to spot in town for Mexican fare with a southern twist
- Angie's Restaurant: This family-friendly restaurant is known for its southern breakfast and lunch dishes
- Chios Rotisserie: Located in Garner Towne Square, Chios is serving tasty Peruvian food at an affordable price
Eagle Ridge is found just 20 minutes from downtown Raleigh and is a gorgeous community full of single-family homes that offer a good value per square foot.
Offering an assortment of home styles that vary in size and affordable prices, Eagles Ridge is a nice community with prices ranging from the mid-300s to the mid-600s.
Plus, home to a semi-private golf club called Eagle Ridge Golf Club, residents have the chance to become a member and have access to only the best tee times.
- Mojo's Grill: Offering super friendly service and delicious burgers, sandwiches, and gyros
- MoonRuners Saloon: This prohibition-themed restaurant is serving southern-inspired craft cocktails and classic bar food
- Locked and Loaded Bar and Grill: This biker bar and restaurant is known for its great selection of beer, pub eats, and weekly live music
The community of Bingham Station is home to over 3,400 residents with an average age of 45 years old which makes this the perfect neighborhood for families and established professionals.
Located near Research Triangle Park, the Raleigh Durham International Airport, Interstate 540, and only five miles south of downtown historic Garner, Bingham Station is in the perfect location.
Most homes in this neighborhood range between 1,400 and 3,000 square feet and are primarily two-story, three-bedroom homes with a two-car garage.
- The Original Carolina Barbecue of Garner, Inc.: Known for its Carolina-style barbecue, southern dishes, and mouthwatering homemade desserts
- El Dorado Mexican Food: This family-run chain Mexican restaurant is popular for its tasty dishes and drinks all served in a casual atmosphere
- Sakura 8: The best place to go in town for Hibachi and Thai favorites
Featuring mostly cozy single-family homes that are all affordably priced, the neighborhood of Avery Park has been around since 1996 and has continuously grown throughout the years.
Considered to be one of the best neighborhoods in Garner, most homes in the neighborhood include three bedrooms and two to three bathrooms.
- Garner Performing Arts Center: This 471-seat venue features a lineup of plays, concerts, musicals, and performances by local, regional, and national artists
- Towne Players of Garner: This volunteer group of actors also known as 'Townies' perform at the Garner Performing Arts Center
- Rush Hour Karting: Tear up the track and learn driving skills at this indoor go-kart track that also features a sports bar and arcade
Adams Point is a premier new home community that includes modern features and breathtaking home designs that are flexible in order to meet your needs.
Featuring large home sites and a community pool, Adams Point is a sought-after Davidson Homes community that is located near Lake Benson.
- Full Bloom Coffee and Craft Cafe: Serving drinks made from sustainably sourced beans that are roasted in small batches
- Aversboro Coffee: This laid-back coffee shop is making espresso drinks, smoothies, and hot cocoa
- Lorraine's Coffee House and Music: Providing great service and lovely food and drinks in a welcoming atmosphere
The Village at Aversboro
The Village at Aversboro is a 55+ community that features up to 147 low-maintenance single-family ranch brick homes and a 1,500-square-foot clubhouse that is used for gatherings and community events.
The perfect place to live in Garner for retirees, most homes in The Village at Aversboro are sold between the high 300s and the low 400s.
- White Oak Crossing: This popular shopping center in Garner is home to 52 stores, casual eateries, and a cinema
- Shady's Bar: Known as downtown Garner's first and only barbecue bourbon bar and is located in what once was Garner's Town Hall
- Garner Veterans Memorial: Established in 2006, this memorial park memorializes Garner area veterans
Moving to Garner, NC - Final Thoughts
Whether you are moving to Garner for work or are simply wanting a change of scenery while still being in the Raleigh Metropolitan area, Garner is a great choice that is full of nice places to live.
While choosing a neighborhood can oftentimes be overwhelming, the good news is that there is really no right or wrong decision when it comes to finding a safe neighborhood to live in Garner.
Since there are plenty of homes to choose from that vary in style, size, and price, it is first important to first figure out what you value most in a home when searching for homes for sale in Garner, NC.
Not only does our team at Uphomes love to help you find the best neighborhood in Garner that fits your lifestyle, but our website also features other local area guides that include information about what you need to know before moving to North Carolina, moving to Raleigh, moving to Durham, moving to Chapel Hill, moving to Cary, moving to Apex, moving to Morrisville, and moving to Holly Springs.
If you or anyone else you may know are interested in buying a home, make sure to contact us here directly so that we can connect you with one of our Garner Realty Specialists that will help you along your home search journey. We are always happy to help and are here to answer any questions that you may have!