September 30th, 2022
Best Places to Live in Henderson
Here are the ten best places to live in Henderson, NV, with local information on each neighborhood!
If you are moving to Henderson, Nevada, and want to know the best area to live in, this guide is for you. With a family-friendly atmosphere, an abundance of outdoor recreation activities, world-class entertainment, and a top-rated dining scene, Henderson has been named one of the best places to live in Nevada and one of Nevada's best cities for education. Considered to be a Las Vegas suburb, Henderson is located only 16 miles from Las Vegas and is a sought-after place to live since it is a quiet and laid-back city just south of the Las Vegas Strip.
This thriving community is home to a growing population of over 324,000 people, which makes Henderson the second largest city in Nevada. With a population growing at a rate of 1.8% through 2025, Henderson is attracting many families, young professionals, and retirees to the area due to its year-round sunshine, warm winters, zero state income tax, and award-winning school district.
Named the second safest large city in the United States by Advisor Smith, Henderson is home to plenty of friendly communities and safe neighborhoods. Whether you are searching for single-family homes for sale in Henderson, luxury homes for sale in Henderson, or townhomes for sale in Henderson, there is bound to be a neighborhood for you that fits your budget and lifestyle. Keep reading to learn about the best places to live in Henderson.
Check out these great neighborhoods in Henderson!
Green Valley Ranch
Named one of the best places to live in Henderson and Clark County, the neighborhood of Green Valley Ranch is the place to be. Home to a population of over 17,222 people, this 1,310-acre master planned community has up to 775 acres of residential neighborhoods, 310 acres of retail and office space, and more than 200 acres of parks, schools, bike paths, walking trails, churches, and recreational centers. Also, with the location of multiple medical facilities and a planned resort gaming hotel named the Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa and Casino, living here is a lifestyle experience.
- The District at Green Valley Ranch: This mixed-use development is the ultimate shopping experience since it is home to several unique retailers, restaurants, offices, and residential spaces.
- Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa Casino: This luxury resort experience is located just off the Las Vegas Strip and is known to be one of the city's most coveted and upscale resorts.
- Cowabunga Bay Water Park: Bring the whole family to this seasonal water park that features multiple water slides, a wave pool, a kid's area, and restaurants. Season passes and day passes are available for purchase.
Green Valley North
First founded in 1978 by American Nevada Corporation, Green Valley North is the first master-planned community in Southern Nevada built before Summerlin. Considered to be a good neighborhood, Green Valley North has a population of over 39,476 people and has an area size of around 8,400 acres in the southeast part of the Las Vegas Valley. Offering its residents a dense suburban feel, this neighborhood is quiet, kid-friendly, and great for growing families.
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory: Shop for chocolate bars, caramels, truffles, and assorted premium chocolates made at the onsite factory, which offers self-guided tours.
- Ethel M Botanical Cactus Garden: Considered the most extensive botanical cactus garden in Nevada, this three-acre garden is home to over 300 species of cacti and succulents.
- Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve: Located on the eastern edge of the Pacific Migratory Flyway, this bird-watching area is home to beautiful birds and wildlife with walking trails and ponds.
Green Valley South
Green Valley South has a population of 24,130 and is a top neighborhood in Henderson. Known for having the sixth lowest crime rate in the nation, Green Valley South is an ideal place to live just outside Las Vegas for families and young professionals. Offering its residents a dense suburban, most residents own their own homes and can be found at one of the neighborhood's famous coffee shops, parks, and restaurants. Some of the best schools that serve the area include Advanced Technologies Academy, Pinecrest Academy St Rose, and Coral Academy of Science - Las Vegas Sandy Ridge.
- Cornerstone Park: Head to this 100-acre park with a 31-acre lake, walking paths, scenic views, and lighted sports courts. This park is also very pet-friendly.
- Sunset Station Hotel and Casino: Check in to this highly-rated hotel and casino known for its affordable rooms, fantastic dining, gaming, and entertainment near Interstate 515.
- Galleria At Sunset: Found several miles from the Las Vegas Strip, this is the only indoor shopping mall in Henderson and one of the largest shopping malls in the state.
MacDonald Ranch is a subdivision near Las Vegas with 2,513 single-family homes and beautiful villas on 564 acres. Considered to be the third largest Sun City community in the Las Vegas Metropolitan area and the second most active adult community in the Las Vegas area, MacDonald Ranch is a popular place to call home. Found at the base of the Black Mountains and near major highways, MacDonald Ranch is one of the best places to live in Henderson for 55+ and retirees.
- Sunridge Park: Found in a great location, this Clark County park offers a baseball field, softball field, volleyball courts, picnic areas, grassy areas, and a playground.
- Rodeo Park: A great place to bring the family, this park has tennis courts, a softball field, a playground, and dog-friendly walking trails.
- Discovery Park: Features large green spaces, sports fields, a playground, a volleyball court, and horseshoe pits.
With over 10,000 people, the master-planned community of Whitney Ranch can be found in the southeast corner of the Las Vegas Valley. Surrounded by plentiful parks, picturesque hiking trails, and entertainment options, Whitney Ranch has quickly become a virtual community in the heart of Henderson. Featuring a variety of two-story single-family homes and townhomes, most homes in this neighborhood range from 1,930 to 3,180 square feet and include three to five bedrooms.
- M Resort Spa Casino: Owned by Gaming and Leisure Properties and operated by Penn Entertainment, this 92,000-square-foot hotel, spa, and casino are located only 12 miles from the Las Vegas Strip.
- Whitney Mesa Park Recreation Area: As the 14th top-rated park in Henderson, this is a great place to hike and walk your dog when the weather is nice.
- Clark County Museum: Owned and operated by Clark County, visitors can learn about the history of Clark County and Henderson through exhibits, artifacts, and eight historic buildings.
Full of condos, apartments, and luxury homes, the neighborhood of Gibson Springs offers residents a dense suburban feel. Gibson Springs, home to many young professionals, has a population of 15,315 and has been ranked as the fifth most diverse neighborhood in Henderson. Found near two major interstate highways, including I-215 and NV-564, traveling around town is easy when living in Gibson Springs.
- Joe's Place: This family-owned restaurant and bar features a banquet room and offers dine-in, curbside pickup, and delivery options.
- Lickin Good Smokin BBQ: Order traditional southern BBQ alongside classic southern sides for lunch and dinner.
- Village Pub: This local chain restaurant serves American fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a full-service bar and video games.
Lake Las Vegas
Lake Las Vegas is a 320-acre reservoir with a 3,592-acre developed area around the pool, often referred to as the Lake Las Vegas Resort. Definitely, worth the visit and the move; Lake Las Vegas is a spectacular resort destination and residential area with over 3,000 homes and 11,000 hotel rooms. Providing championship golf courses, fantastic dining experiences, and fun on the water, Lake Las Vegas is an oasis in the southern Nevada desert that resembles a beautiful Mediterranean-inspired village.
- Vino Del Lago: Enjoy more than 25 different wines by the glass via a unique dispensing system at this popular live music bar.
- Sonrisa Grill: This is the place in town to enjoy gourmet Mexican food with a California twist on a lakeside balcony with a full bar.
- Mimi and Coco Bistro: Dine on exquisite French Mediterranean food in a fantastic atmosphere in Lake Las Vegas Village.
The gated community of McCullough Hills is best described as quiet and quaint, with few houses. With a population of over 16,300 people, this neighborhood in Clark County has multiple walking trails, biking trails, and outdoor activities since beautiful natural areas surround McCullough Hills. This safe and clean neighborhood offers the perfect environment for families and seniors to call home. For those moving with school-aged children, some of the best schools in the area include Ulis Newton Elementary School, Jack and Terry Mannion Middle School, and Foothill High School.
- Hellas Bakery Cafe: Order traditional Greek dishes and desserts such as baked muffins, chocolate domes, and chocolate charlottes at this trendy bakery and cafe
- Il Chianti Italian: Dine on high-end Italian plates in an intimate dining room with excellent service and live music.
- Ohjah Noodle House: Serving noodle soups and Japanese entrees made using only high-quality fresh ingredients.
Mission Hills is one of the most popular condominium communities in Henderson. Home to a population of just under 5,000 people, Mission Hills, is found within minutes of top restaurants, local shops, and clean parks. Mission Hills has been ranked as the 13th best neighborhood in Henderson for young professionals, offering its residents a sparse suburban feel. Perfect for those who want to stay away from busy city life but still have access to it, Mission Hills is quiet yet convenient.
- PADRINO'S Gourmet Latin Cuisine: This authentic Latin restaurant is known for its great atmosphere, delicious food, and friendly service.
- Iron Rail Cafe: Located in the Railroad Pass Hotel and Casino, this restaurant is open 24 hours and offers dine-in and takeout options.
- Remedy's Conestoga Way: Check out this 24/7 tavern serving elevated pub fare since its opening in 2008.
Anthem is a top-rated master-planned community in Henderson that Del Webb Corporation developed. First opened in 1998, Anthem offers residents a sparse suburban feel with some of the city's most beautiful views and mountains. Known as a 55+ community at the foothills of the Black Mountains, Anthem is an excellent place to live where most residents own their own homes. Known for having one of the highest average household incomes by zip code in the Las Vegas Valley, the average household income of residents in Anthem is $131,455.
- Anthem Hills Park and Anthem East Trailhead: This 53-acre park features a skate park, covered picnic shelters, green spaces, an 11.6-mile loop walking trail, a playground, and sports courts.
- Lion Habitat Ranch Inc: Home to lions and giraffes, this lion sanctuary is a non-profit educational zoo located about 15 minutes south of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area: Worth the visit; this 14,763-acre conservation area includes the Sloan Petroglyph Site and some of the most incredible natural wonders in the southwest.
Where do you see yourself living in Henderson, NV?
No matter if you see yourself living near Lake Las Vegas or in the desirable neighborhood of Green Valley Ranch, there is no shortage of fantastic neighborhoods and communities to choose from when moving to Henderson that will meet your budget and lifestyle. Contact us today to connect with one of our talented and knowledgeable Realty Specialists if you are ready to find a neighborhood that best suits you. We are prepared to answer any questions you may have and assist you in your Henderson home search.
Make sure to refer to our other area guides, including moving to Nevada, moving to Las Vegas, the best neighborhoods in Las Vegas, moving to Reno, the best neighborhoods in Reno, and moving to Boulder City!
Hi there! My name is Ryan Fitzgerald, and I am a REALTOR®. My goal is to help you learn more about real estate through our Real Estate Blog! Hopefully, you enjoyed the above blog post and it found a way to provide help or value to you. When you're ready to buy or sell a home of your own let us know here. Please feel free to join the conversation by dropping us a comment below.