July 17th, 2022
Best Places to Live in Fuquay-Varina
Here are the top 10 best neighborhoods in Fuquay-Varina!
Are you moving to Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, and have no idea where you want to live? Then you have come to the right place! Since Fuquay-Varina is home to plenty of fantastic neighborhoods, finding a safe and nice place to live is easy with the help of this neighborhood guide.
Whether you are looking for a quiet family-friendly community to raise your kids or are wanting to live close to the town's lively historic downtown, Fuquay-Varina has no shortage of great neighborhoods to call home that is located close to top amenities and attractions.
Found only about a 30-minute drive to Raleigh and Research Triangle Park, Fuquay-Varina has been named one of the best places to live in North Carolina due to its high safety rating, fantastic walkability, and ideal location in the Triangle area.
So if you have decided to move to Fuquay-Varina and find yourself asking where you should live, our team has put together this guide to the best neighborhoods in Fuquay-Varina in order to help narrow down your choices so that you can make a decision without added stress.
Read on to learn more about the 10 Best Neighborhoods to Live in Fuquay-Varina, NC!
The beautiful neighborhood of South Lakes is a planned unit development that features up to 991 single-family home lots and 45 townhome lots as well as up to 130 acres of open space.
Found in a great location in Fuquay-Varina, South Lakes is an amazing community that provides residents with multiple luxurious home designs to choose from.
Known for its serene lifestyle, South Lakes is centered around a 30-acre lake and is surrounded by award-winning healthcare facilities as well as local retailers and dining establishments.
Featuring two resort-style pools, a kayak launch on the lake, and multiple greenway trails that are great for walking the dog or running, it is no wonder that South Lakes is such a highly-rated community.
Plus, for those moving with school-aged children, South Lakes is part of the Wake County Public School System which is the largest and best public school system in North Carolina. Some of the best schools in the area include South Lakes Elementary School and Willow Springs High School.
- South Lakes Greenway Trail: With a decent amount of parking and benches, this greenway trail is found right in the backyard of residents and features multiple shaded areas to get a workout in
- Fuquay Mineral Spring Park: This historic park was first discovered in the 1850s by Davey Crocket
- The Museums of Fuquay-Varina: Learn about the town and its historical significance
With a population of over 2,600 residents with an average resident age of 48 years old, the neighborhood of Phillips Pointe in Fuquay-Varina is the perfect place for families and established professionals to call home.
Since 77% of residents are homeowners, most homes available are reasonably priced and come with a variety of features that make the neighborhood cozy and welcoming.
Considered to be a well-established community, construction in the neighborhood started in 1999 and was completed around 2005.
Featuring single-family homes, townhomes, and condos, most homes in Phillps Pointe range between 1,182 to 2,165 square feet and have up to three bedrooms and either two or three bathrooms.
While the neighborhood may have a low walk and bike score, Phillips Pointe is located just minutes from downtown Fuquay-Varina and is located near major interstate highways which makes traveling to other nearby cities in the Triangle area easy and convenient.
For those moving with school-aged children, this neighborhood is part of the Wake County Public School District and is close to Fuquay-Varina Elementary School, Fuquay-Varina Middle School, and Fuquay-Varina High School.
- Carroll Howard Johnson Environmental Park: This 28-acre nature park features two miles of walking trails that are dog friendly and located near a creek
- The Playhouse Children's Museum: A great place to bring the kids to learn, explore, and be creative
- Sugg Farm at Bass Lake Park: Found closer to Holly Springs, this farm features walking trails, plenty of green spaces, and is host to multiple community events throughout the year including a large 4th of July celebration
Featuring mostly large single-family homes, Bentwinds is a premier neighborhood in Fuquay-Varina that also happens to be famous for its golf and country club.
With a population of over 4,500 residents, Bentwinds has an average resident age of 47 years old and an average homeowner rate of 89%.
First developed in 1984, most of the homes in the neighborhood are reasonably priced and range between 2,473 to 3,617 square feet in size. Since Bentwinds continues to develop as the area expands, residents can expect to find homes that have three to four bedrooms and either three to five bathrooms.
Some of the top schools in the area include Ballentine Elementary School, Holly Grove Middle School, and Fuquay-Varina High School which are all a part of the Wake County Public School District.
- Bentwinds Golf and Country Club: This private golf course features breathtaking views and challenging play for golfers of all skill levels
- Juniper Level Botanic Garden: Found close to Raleigh, this botanic garden was first established in 1988 and features 28 acres of interesting species of plants
- Cleveland Draft House of Fuquay: A great place to order craft beer and bar food
Found near the intersection of Willow Grove Lane and highway NC 42, the neighborhood of Partin Place is the perfect neighborhood for young professionals and families who are looking for stylish homes that are also affordable.
Offering its residents the feel of a small town while still providing direct access to downtown Raleigh, Partin Place is truly the best of both worlds.
With three model homes available that all differ in size and style, future residents have the ability to choose between the Grayson, the Coltrane, and the Winstead models.
Featuring a community pool, cabana, and convenient access to popular local shopping and dining opportunities, it is no wonder that Partin Place has been named one of the best places to live in Fuquay-Varina.
- The Mason Jar Tavern: Dine on American fare with southern-inspired flavors in an inviting atmosphere
- Abby Road Tavern: This Beatles-inspired restaurant is known for its great burgers, sandwiches, salads, and beer selection
- Nil's Cafe Mediterranean Cuisine: Enjoy classic Mediterranean favorites including Greek sandwiches and baked goods
Carriage Heights is located just off of Wagstaff Road just south of downtown Fuquay-Varina and is a new community that is full of single-family homes.
Developed by Royal Oaks Homes, Carriage Heights is a thriving community that provides its residents with a quiet atmosphere and high quality of life all within 30 minutes from downtown Raleigh and the town of Apex.
Known for being family-friendly, the neighborhood frequently hosts community events, recreational activities, and youth sports as well as features paved sidewalks which are great for running or walking the dog.
With square footage ranging between 1,379 and 2,527 square feet, Carriage Heights offers a variety of property types to choose from that are all reasonably priced.
- Vicious Fishes Taproom and Kitchen: Serving fresh bar food, craft beer, and signature cocktails in the heart of downtown Fuquay-Varina
- Garibaldi Trattoria-Pizza-Pasta: The best place to order New York-style pizza and other classic Italian dishes
- Aviator Smokehouse: Serving wings, burgers, barbecue, and other favorites alongside craft beer that is created next door in its own brewery
The Summerdale subdivision is found on West Academy Street and Coley Farm Road and is a great place to live for families and retirees.
With an average resident age of 51 years old and a population of just over 3,000 people, Summerdale is a growing community where up to 75% of residents own their own homes.
Featuring mid-sized homes that are all reasonably priced, Summerdale is made up of mostly new construction and features many different floor plans, home sizes, and styles to choose from that will fit all lifestyles.
Most homes in the neighborhood are two-story, include two-car garages, and range between 1,944 to 2,527 square feet in size.
- Ashworth's Clothing and Shoes: The best place in town to shop for high-end men's clothing with the help of very friendly and personable staff
- Cousin Couture: This fashionable women's boutique is selling trendy clothing, formal wear, shoes, and accessories
- The Brickhouse Bar and Grill: Serving elevated food and drinks in a dive bar setting in downtown Fuquay-Varina
Ridges at Kenneth Creek
Ridges at Kenneth Creek is a top neighborhood in Fuquay-Varina that sells a variety of beautiful home styles that all vary in size and price.
Located close to North Main Street in downtown Fuquay-Varina, Ridges at Kenneth Creek has a median listing home price in the mid-500s with no homeowners association fee.
For those moving with school-aged children, some of the best schools in the area include Fuquay-Varina Elementary School, Fuquay-Varina Middle School, and Fuquay-Varina High School.
- Fainting Goat Brewing Company: Founded in 2014, this small brewery is veteran and woman-owned and offers a wide selection of hand-crafted brews
- Triple Barrel Tavern: Providing a variety of beers on tap as well as great service and good food
- WINGIN'IT Bar and Grille: Order wings and other American favorites in this lively atmosphere
Maggie Run is home to a population of over 2,095 residents with a resident average age of 44 years old.
Featuring a selection of well-constructed single-family homes, all varying in size and price, Maggie Run is attracting many families and professionals to the area for its affordable prices and safe community.
As part of the Wake County Public School System, the top schools in the area that serve the neighborhood include Buckhorn Creek Elementary School, Fuquay-Varina Middle School, and Fuquay-Varina High School.
- Little Portugal: Serving authentic Portuguese food all at a reasonable price
- Anna's Pizzeria: This popular pizzeria on Main Street in downtown Fuquay-Varina is a must-visit for delicious pies
- Joyce and Family Restaurant: Specializing in southern cuisine, this buffet-style restaurant is always serving tasty dishes in a comfortable setting
Established in 2004, the Lakestone Village in Fuquay-Varina is full of single-family homes, townhomes, and local small businesses.
With an involved homeowners association, Lakestone Village is always hosting events throughout the year including frequent pool parties in the summer and a fall festival that bring the whole community together and encourages residents to make new friends within the neighborhood.
- Fuquay-Varina Arts Center: Featuring a 294-seat theatre that is used as a performance space, an art gallery, classrooms, and digital studios
- South Park Splash Pad: Located near the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, this 6,000-square-foot splash pad is open in the summer and is the perfect way to cool down in the high heat
- Ashley's Art Gallery: Admire original paintings and Giclee canvas prints
Harrison Place features mostly large single-family homes in Fuquay-Varina that are all reasonably priced and vary in size and style.
Dating back to 2006 when the community was first developed, Harrison Place is considered to be a well-established neighborhood that continues to develop throughout the years.
With most homes ranging between 2,673 to 2,839 square feet in size and featuring up to four bedrooms and three to four bathrooms, Harrison Place is a great place to live for families, young professionals, and retirees alike.
In our opinion - Harrison Place is one of the best places to live in Fuquay-Varina, NC!
- Fuquay-Varina Independence Day Celebration: This old-fashioned patriotic celebration features live music, food, and fireworks
- Follow Me to Fuquay-Varina Concert Series: Held in Spring and Fall in downtown Fuquay, this popular event features live local music, food, and beer vendors
- Fuquay-Varina Tree Lighting: This annual tree lighting around Christmas features live music and sleigh rides
Best Places to Live in Fuquay-Varina, NC - Final Thoughts
Since Fuquay-Varina has so many great neighborhoods, it is safe to say that there is a place to live in Fuquay-Varina for everyone no matter your lifestyle or background.
From magnificent new construction homes in Fuquay-Varina to beautiful townhomes in Fuquay-Varina, there are numerous home types and styles to choose from when it comes to searching for homes for sale in Fuquay-Varina, NC.
Since there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to choosing a place to live, have your choice of a family-oriented neighborhood or master-planned community.
Even though we love helping you find the right neighborhood in Fuquay-Varina, our website also features many other local area guides and up-to-date information about what you need to know before moving to North Carolina, moving to Raleigh, moving to Chapel Hill, moving to Cary, moving to Apex, and moving to Holly Springs.
If you or anyone else you may know are interested in buying a home and want to kickstart your home search, make sure to contact us here in order to be connected to one of our knowledgable Fuquay-Varina Real Estate Specialists. We are always happy to help and answer any questions that you might have!