November 29th, 2023
Best Places to Live in Naples
Are you looking for the best places to live in Naples, FL? Check out these seven great neighborhoods in Naples!
Known for its world-class shopping and affluent lifestyle, Naples is one of Florida's best places to live. This southwestern Florida city bordering the Gulf of Mexico is the perfect destination for families and retirees. Naples is home to wealthy figures, famous celebrities, and approximately 12,300 millionaires. While the real estate here may be more expensive, there are many reasons why Naples is so desirable and popular.
If you are moving to Naples and looking for the best community to call home in Naples, Florida, look no further than this neighborhood guide. With a low crime rate, all the neighborhoods that made this list keep safety as the top priority. Even though moving can be super exciting, it can also be stressful. With the help of this guide, find out which neighborhood will best suit your lifestyle when searching for homes for sale in Naples.
Here are the best neighborhoods in Naples!
If you want to be surrounded by gorgeous mansions and tall palm trees, head to Old Naples. Home to some of the most expensive and extravagant real estate in the country, the neighborhood of Old Naples is historic and elegant. The average list price of a home in this area is $9.4 million. Located near Port Royal, Old Naples is characterized by its romantic charm and luxurious atmosphere. Architectural styles range from Mediterranean and Spanish to Coastal Contemporary and Colonial.
One of Old Naples' main attractions and notorious parts is called "Millionaires Row." This strip of beachfront properties is located right next to Naples Pier and is a row of houses that belong to the wealthiest figures and families living in Naples. Have your pick of giant estates and mansions next to the Gulf of Mexico.
Featuring some of the most high-end shopping in all of Florida, walk the streets of Fifth Avenue South and Third Street South and stop in specialty shops and boutiques. After a long shopping day, indulge in fine dining and vibrant nightlife. Old Naples is also prized for its many relaxing parks and green spaces, perfect for your family and dog. Spend the day at the beach and watch the sunset over the water.
- Naples Zoo: This 43-acre zoo and botanical garden is the coolest place to bring your kids.
- Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park: This barrier Island and state park features one of the most pristine beaches in the world. Stretching for six miles, enjoy fine white sand beaches and crystal clear water with little crowds.
- Campiello: Feast on chic Italian dishes at this rustic eatery. This is the perfect date night.
- Truluck’s Ocean's Finest Seafood and Crab: Enjoy some of the best freshly caught seafood and freshly prepared steaks at this upscale dining establishment. Expect to spend some big bucks.
- Osteria Tulia: Dine on authentic Italian cuisine and wine in a farmhouse setting.
Exclusive and luxurious are two words to describe the neighborhood of Park Shore. Featuring high-rise apartments, breathtaking stately mansions, and waterfront properties with boat access, homes in Park Shore are priced in the millions. Considering its central location to the rest of Naples, the housing market in this neighborhood is in high demand.
A planned district and massive community, the high home prices reflect the upscale amenities Naples offers its residents. Live close to the beach, admire the tropical scenery, attend community events, listen to live music with friends, and hang out near the popular local spots.
- Park Shore Beach Park: You can access this private beach club if you live in the Park Shore neighborhood. Enjoy the warm water all year round and watch the sunset.
- Naples Botanical Garden: 170 acres of tropical plants and flowers worldwide. Walk around the garden and learn about conservation.
- The Village Shops on Venetian Bay: A Naples favorite, this upscale waterfront shopping district features over 45 different boutiques and restaurants.
- Escargot 41: This French eatery, including the infamous escargot, serves authentic French cuisine.
- Hogfish Harry's Restaurant and Bar: Found at the Park Shore Resort, eat outside and enjoy the nice weather as you dine on seafood and cold beer.
Single-family homes, condominiums, and tree-lined, winding streets make up the welcoming neighborhood of Coquina Sands. Close to the Naples white sand beaches, homes in Coquina Sands have an average list price of $8,681,667. Located near the city's best amenities, living in this neighborhood is a dream come true. Play golf at an award-winning golf course, grab a latte at a local coffee shop, admire the wildlife, or discover a new walking trail.
While there may not be any sidewalks on the streets, the streets are well-lit, and the neighborhood is notoriously safe. Close to Downtown Naples, ditch the car every now and then, and bike to the city. Coquina Sands feeds into Lake Park Elementary School, Gulfview Middle School, and Naples High School for those moving with school-aged children, which are all highly rated and recommended.
- Lowdermilk Park: This public beach and park is one of Naples's prized attractions. Featuring playgrounds, volleyball courts, and outdoor showers.
- The Naples Preserve: This 9.5-acre environmental preserve and park is a unique green space home to many gopher tortoises.
- Caffe dell’Amore: Dine on Italian fare in this intimate trattoria. Enjoy homemade pasta and an extensive wine list.
- NectarLab Kava Bar: This cafe is a cool place to grab daily drinks and cocktails and speakeasy by night.
- Lake Park Diner: Get your burgers, salads, sandwiches, and fish at this healthy and sustainable eatery.
Originally developed in the 1950s, this private waterfront community comprises 350 spectacular homes with amazing views. Some of the most affordable properties in this neighborhood cost about $1.7 million to $8 million. Sitting on deepwater canals perfect for docking a yacht or sailboat, living in the neighborhood of Aqualane Shores is the perfect Naples experience.
Located between Old Naples and Port Royal communities, Aqualane Shores is a quiet and relaxing place to settle down. Not only is the real estate in this area one of the most sought-after properties in the city, but its centralized location to nearby attractions and award-winning restaurants is a huge advantage. Remember that since many of these homes are original, some properties may need renovations.
- Artis - Naples: Part of the Baker Museum is this multidisciplinary organization and center. Featuring permanent collections of art and traveling exhibits alongside a library.
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon: This waterpark in Naples is a great place to cool down during the hot summer months. Float along the lazy river or splash around in the four pools.
- Mediterrano: Dine at this upscale Mediterranean restaurant serving vegetable dips, kabobs, and a large selection of vegetarian options.
- Bleu Province: This authentic French eatery has a beautiful atmosphere, excellent service, and five-star food. Try one of the many homemade desserts, including the warm chocolate cake or the vanilla bourbon creme brulee.
- The Bevy: Enjoy cocktail concoctions and brunch at this unique, hip outdoor space with gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options. Great for a romantic dinner or gathering with friends. There is even a vertical garden.
Port Royal is the true gem of the city on the southern end of Naples. Named after pirates, this neighborhood cherishes and shines the light on its unique history. If you are looking for the most expensive houses in Naples, Florida, look no further than the Port Royal neighborhood. The definition of luxury waterfront living is that Port Royal is famous for its custom-built homes. If you have always wanted to build the mansion of your dreams in one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Naples, then this is your sign. Do you want hardwood floors? Quartz or granite countertops? A backyard pool? Five walk-in showers? The choice is yours when you choose to live in Port Royal.
Another cool thing about living here is that people are moving here from all over the world. Since it is such a culturally diverse community, you could befriend some awesome neighbors. While this may not be a gated community, this exclusive and coveted club is only accessible by one quiet road in Naples. Members of the neighborhood club will have access to top-of-the-line tennis courts, a pristine beach, community events, a heated pool, a brand-new exercise facility, and gourmet dining at the club restaurant.
- Port Royal Club: One of the most exclusive clubs in Naples.
- Bad Ass Coffee: This laid-back coffee shop is the best place to get Hawaiian brews, teas, smoothies, and baked goods. The patio is even dog-friendly.
- Divine Naples Coffee and Wine: Serving coffee, baked goods, and healthy food options. There are even seasonal drinks during the holidays. Try the hot cocoa.
- Sea Salt Naples: This upscale dining establishment serves seafood, steak, and Venetian-inspired cuisine.
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant, Bar, and Store: The popular clothing brand now has a restaurant. Sit outside on the patio and order favorites such as burgers or crab cakes. Make sure to try a cocktail served in a pineapple.
Found in northern Naples, this exclusive and high-end community is one of the area's most trendy and magnificent neighborhoods. Providing its residents with luxurious waterfront living and direct access to the stunning waters of the Gulf of Mexico. The relaxing master-planned community of Pelican Bay is surrounded by mangrove forests and some of the most beautiful wildlife in Naples.
With access to world-class amenities, never run out of things to do. Play tennis, dine at one of the many Gulf-front restaurants, spend the day at the private beach, work out, or take a nature walk on one of the two boardwalks. Plus, with access to The Club Pelican Bay Golf Course, ride around on your golf cart and play a 27-hole round.
- Clam Pass Beach Park: Featuring a 3,000-foot boardwalk, beach, and variety of wildlife. Maybe you will spot an alligator.
- Lover's Key State Park: This 712-acre state park consists of three barrier islands and is a great place to go shelling, swimming, boating, kayaking, hiking, and paddleboarding. Spot manatees, dolphins, and over 40 species of birds.
- The Catch of the Pelican: Found in the Naples Grande Beach Resort, this seafood restaurant and upscale eatery is famous for its Sunday brunch and bloody mary bar.
- Angelo's Southern Grill: Located at the Pelican Bay Marketplace, this grill is a great spot for breakfast and lunch. Try the crunchy grilled cheese or one of their many famous salads.
- Gumbo Limbo Naples: Offering freshly caught seafood and sunset views at this favorite Ritz-Carlton restaurant.
Consisting of 4,000 single-family homes and condominiums, the neighborhood of Moorings allows easy access to the Gulf of Mexico. Picturesque and centered around an 18-hole golf course that meets USGA specifications, this quiet and distinguished golfing community has some of the most beautiful homes in Naples.
Spend the weekend sunbathing, kayaking, or boating right in your backyard. With a median list price of $6,793,000, living in this prestigious neighborhood certainly has a price tag. Walk or ride your bike to local amenities and have easy access to all Naples offers. In our opinion — the neighborhood of Moorings is one of the best places to live in Naples, Florida.
- The Woodhouse Day Spa: The perfect girl's day. Enjoy the sauna and steam room, massages, and drinks.
- Wellfit Institute: The coolest workout outside. Learn how to do paddleboard yoga.
- Arthur Murray Dance Center of Naples, Florida: Learn to dance and make new friends.
- East-West Fine Art Naples: This art gallery has been in business for over 20 years.
- Jimmy P's Butcher Shop and Deli: Serving steaks, burgers, sides, and great drinks.
What is the richest part of Naples, FL?
The neighborhood of Port Royal is one of the nicest and priciest places to live in Naples and the country, with a median list price of $23,695,769.
Where is Millionaires Row in Naples, FL?
Millionaires Row is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Naples. It is located near Naples Pier and the city's main beach.
The Best Neighborhoods in Naples, Florida - The Bottom Line
Home to some of the wealthiest people in the nation, Naples, Florida, certainly has its fair share of pros and cons. From its beautiful beaches, great weather, fun things to do, and resort-style atmosphere, it is no surprise that retirees and families are flocking to the area. With its low crime rates and lack of luxurious waterfront homes, happiness levels in Naples, Florida, are extremely high for good reason.
If you are moving to the area and looking to buy a home, contact one of our experienced and knowledgeable Realty Specialists to guide and assist you through the home-buying process. Our team will lead you in the right direction after you consider what you are looking for in a home and your budget. Contact us today.
Hi there! My name is Ryan Fitzgerald, and I am a REALTOR®. My goal is to help you learn more about real estate through our Real Estate Blog! Hopefully, you enjoyed the above blog post and it found a way to provide help or value to you. When you're ready to buy or sell a home of your own let us know here. Please feel free to join the conversation by dropping us a comment below.
Are you thinking of moving to Naples, Florida? Here is everything you need to know about living in Naples!
November 29th, 2023
Are you wondering how much it costs to live in Naples, Florida? Follow along as we discuss the essential factors of the cost of living in this city, like, housing prices, food costs, utilities, and more.
July 06th, 2023
The best beaches near Naples, FL, include The Beach at Naples Pier, Lowdermilk Park, Clam Pass Park, Vanderbilt Beach Park, and Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park. Check out our complete guide to learn more about the top beaches near Naples!
April 10th, 2023
The best restaurants in Naples, Florida, are Osteria Tulia, Sails Restaurant, La Pescheria, The Turtle Club, and Caffé Milano. Read our complete list to learn more about the fifteen best places to eat in Naples!
March 31st, 2023