October 07th, 2022
Best Places to Live in Boulder City
Here are the seven best places to live in Boulder City, NV, with local information on each neighborhood!
Boulder City, Nevada, is located in Clark County and is only about 26 miles southeast of Las Vegas. Named one of the best places to live in Nevada, Boulder City may be best known as the home of the Hoover Dam, but it is also home to many spectacular neighborhoods and communities that vary in size and price.
Whether you are searching for single-family homes for sale in Boulder City, Luxury homes for sale in Boulder City, or townhomes for sale in Boulder City, there is a place for you to call home that will fit your lifestyle.
Beloved for its small-town charm, Boulder City is a family-oriented community with no large master-planned neighborhoods within city limits. There are generally few homes on the market available at any given time. Considered the 20th most populated city in Nevada, Boulder City maintains strict controls on growth that have impacted new construction.
Due to the city's controlled growth ordinance, new construction is limited to only 120 building permits per year. Suppose you are looking for one of the best places to live in Boulder City. In that case, you should immediately jump on any available real estate, or you might have to consider moving to Henderson neighborhoods, which are only about 11 miles away.
If you are moving to Boulder City, read on to learn more about Boulder City, Nevada's best neighborhoods and communities!
Here are ten great neighborhoods in Boulder City!
Boulder City Historic District
First constructed in the early 1930s, the Boulder City Historic District comprises early buildings and over 400 vintage structures. Boasting unique architectural styles, many antique shops and family-owned restaurants can be found on the historic Main Street. The Boulder Dam Hotel, constructed in 1933, is the city's cultural heart and is recognized as a historic landmark. As Boulder City continues to evolve and thrive, this historic district does a fantastic job of preserving the city's history and reminding its residents of its remarkable past. Now considered one of the best places to live in Boulder City, this historic district downtown does a fantastic job blending both old and new together to create a truly extraordinary living experience.
- Hoover Dam: Attracting almost one million visitors each year, the Hoover Dam is a concrete arch-gravity dam built during the Great Depression and is the perfect symbol of American industry and what American workers can accomplish even in the worst of times.
- Hemenway Park: This small city park is most famous for its resident big horn sheep that live in the surrounding area from May until December.
- Nevada State Railroad Museum Boulder City: Located on the tracks installed to support the construction of the Hoover Dam, this infamous family-friendly attraction features rides aboard old-school trains and exhibits.
Located just down the street in Henderson lies the neighborhood of Mission Hills in Clark County. With a population of almost 5,000 people, Mission Hills offers its residents a sparse suburban feel where most residents own their own homes. Best known as one of the cleanest and most family-friendly neighborhoods in the area, many residents here have young children or are considering starting a family. With a low walkability score, most residents have a vehicle to get around town.
Mission Hills is located in an ideal location, close to popular restaurants, shopping centers, shops, medical centers, and hospitals. Also known for having a very responsive and fast-acting police presence, this is a very safe place to live near Boulder City. Some top-rated schools serving the area include J Marlan Walker Elementary School, Jack and Terry Mannion Middle School, and Boulder City High School.
- Boulder City - Hoover Dam Museum: Learn about the construction of the Hoover Dam and Boulder City through exhibits, photographs, artifacts, and personal accounts.
- Boulder City Antique Market: Shop at this unique antique market and gift emporium with many vendors that sell various products, including pottery, sports collectibles, and jewelry.
- Veterans' Memorial Park: This 25-acre park has four baseball fields, two beach volleyball courts, soccer fields, a skateboard and bike park, a three-acre fishing pond, and plenty of open green space.
The community of Highland Hills is part of the 89002 zip code and is located in Henderson. Located within minutes of the Las Vegas Strip, Highland Hills is a prestigious place to live near Boulder City, which many individuals choose to call home. Within proximity to highly-rated public parks, schools, shops, restaurants, and major highways, Highland Hills is a beautiful place to consider moving if you are searching for affordable housing options located near sought-after amenities.
As part of the Clark County School District, several public schools are located near the neighborhood, including Fay Galloway Elementary School, Jack and Terry Mannion Middle School, Foothill High School, and College of Southern Nevada High School South.
- The Dillinger: Meet with friends at this hip pub with live music and a rotating craft beer list that serves gourmet burgers, salads, and sandwiches.
- Southwest Diner: Order classic American favorites and Tex-Mex dishes in a homey atmosphere for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Pit Stop: Enjoy burgers, fish n chips, and sandwiches alongside beer and handspun milkshakes at this beloved local diner.
Black Mountain in Henderson, Nevada, is a landmark mountain south of the Las Vegas Valley and one of the most famous and prominent hills in the McCullough Range. This community is close to Lake Mead's beautiful blue waters and is full of new single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and one, two, and three-bedroom apartment homes. Providing tons of outdoor recreation activities, including hiking, biking, and camping opportunities, most residents living in Black Mountain can explore the surrounding pristine natural landscape.
The median listing home price in Black Mountain is $420,000, and the median listing home price per square foot is $253. Black Mountain is part of the Clark County School District for those moving with school-aged children. It feeds into multiple top-rated schools, including Gordon Mccaw Elementary School, Ulis Newton Elementary School, and Foothill High School.
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area: Located in southwestern Nevada and northwestern Arizona, this is America's first and largest national recreation area. Offering beautiful landscapes and bright blue waters of Lake Mead, many visitors come here to swim, boat, hike, bike, and camp.
- Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge: Walk across this 1,900-foot-long pedestrian arch bridge that offers incredible views of the Hoover Dam and the Colorado River. While there might not be much parking available, this is a fantastic experience for the whole family that also happens to be free.
- Chilly Jilly'z: Considered the happiest place in Boulder City, this bakery and cafe serve the highest quality foods, such as fresh salads and sandwiches, delicious bread, and pastries, all made in-house daily.
Green Valley North
Green Valley North is in Clark County and is home to a population of almost 40,000 people. Consisting of 8,400 acres in the southeast part of the Las Vegas Valley, the Green Valley Master Community Development was first founded in 1978 by the American Nevada Corporation. Located in Henderson, only a few miles from Boulder City, Green Valley North is recognized as the first master-planned community built before Summerlin in southern Nevada. Not only is this neighborhood a great place to live, but Green Valley North offers its residents a sparse suburban feel that many families and young professionals choose to call home.
With above-average public schools, fantastic restaurants, cute coffee shops, and hip locally-owned shops, Green Valley North will keep both residents and visitors of all ages entertained throughout the year. Ranked as the fourth most diverse neighborhood in Henderson, Green Valley North welcomes individuals from all different cultures and backgrounds.
- Black Bear Diner Henderson: Offering dine-in and delivery options, this American chain restaurant serve comfort food and desserts all day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a rustic and woodsy atmosphere.
- Thai Chili Restaurant: Visit this authentic Thai restaurant for noodle dishes, curries, soup, fried rice, and even smoothies.
- Elys Breakfast Restaurant and Burgers: This is a must-visit if you are craving classic comfort food and breakfast items at an affordable price. Every dish is made using original recipes and cooked by the order.
Green Valley Ranch
Green Valley Ranch in Henderson is an excellent place to live that many individuals in Boulder City choose to call home. This 1,310-acre master-planned community has been nicknamed "The Emerald in the Desert" since it is found just minutes from the infamous Las Vegas Strip. Providing up to 775 acres of residential neighborhoods and hundreds of acres of retail, office, and medical facility space, it is no wonder that Green Valley Ranch is such a sought-after community.
As the location of the Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa and Casino, which is one of the most expensive and upscale resorts in Las Vegas history, many residents and visitors are attracted to the area. Also, the location of The District at Green Valley Ranch, which provides the ultimate shopping experience that features a variety of specialty retailers, residents will never be bored living in this prestigious neighborhood.
- Crazy Pita Rotisserie and Grill: Enjoy Mediterranean eats such as skewers, pitas, rotisserie chicken, and Middle Eastern platters with hummus.
- Tides Oyster Bar: Located at Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa and Casino, this seafood restaurant is the perfect place for locals and tourists since it offers a raw bar, sushi, and Cajun seafood plates.
- Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana: First opened in 2005, this restaurant serves handmade Neapolitan pizza made in an old-fashioned wood-burning oven.
First opened in 1998 by Del Webb Corporation, the master-planned community of Anthem in Henderson, Nevada, is one of the best places to live in the Las Vegas Valley. Known to have one of the highest household incomes by zip code, the average household income in Anthem is $131,445, whereas the average household income in the United States is $87,864 as of 2022. Attracting many families and retirees to the area for its sparse urban feel and high quality of life, Anthem offers above-average public schools, many public parks, a high safety rating, top-rated restaurants, and numerous popular amenities.
With an elevation of 3,000 feet, Anthem provides some of the most breathtaking views of the city and the mountains since it is found in the natural desert terrain of southern Nevada. Home to only a population of over 5,600 people, Anthem has been ranked as the seventh-best place to raise a family in Henderson and the 14th-best place to live for young professionals in Henderson. The median home value in Anthem is currently $671,558, while the national median home value is $229,800. For those moving with school-aged children, some of the top public schools that serve Anthem include Frank Lamping Elementary School, Del Webb Middle School, and Coronado High School.
- The Tap: This Boulder City restaurant and sports bar serve a menu of American pub food, including burgers and sandwiches, and a full bar serving local craft beer and cocktails.
- Cornish Pasty Co: Offering dine-in and takeout options, this English-style pub is known for its traditional and vegan Cornish pasties.
- Fox Smokehouse BBQ: This is the go-to spot in town for BBQ plates, sandwiches, and classic sides such as macaroni and cheese, fried okra, baked beans, and potato salad.
Best Places to Live in Boulder City, NV - The Bottom Line
Where do you see yourself living in Boulder City? Whether you choose to live in a beautiful single-family home located in the Boulder City Historic District or one of the wonderful surrounding Henderson, Nevada neighborhoods, Boulder City is a relatively small community devoted to preserving its small-town charm and historical heritage in the Las Vegas Valley. Even though this Las Vegas suburb started as a safe place to house the workers committed to building the Hoover Dam back in the day, it is now a top place to live in Nevada.
If you are interested in buying homes for sale in Boulder City, contact us today to connect with one of our fantastic Realty Specialists. We are always happy to help!
Hi there! My name is Ryan Fitzgerald, and I am a REALTOR®. My goal is to help you learn more about real estate through our Real Estate Blog! Hopefully, you enjoyed the above blog post and it found a way to provide help or value to you. When you're ready to buy or sell a home of your own let us know here. Please feel free to join the conversation by dropping us a comment below.