December 28th, 2023
7 Best Neighborhoods in Las Cruces, NM
Are you considering moving to Las Cruces, NM, and want to learn more about the best neighborhoods? Keep reading to learn about the best neighborhoods, like Mesilla Park Manor, Parkhill Estates, and Sonoma Ranch.
Situated below the backbone of the Organ Mountains, Las Cruces is one of the best places to live in New Mexico. Whether you're moving here for a new job, to attend the university or just a fresh start, you must first consider the best neighborhoods in Las Cruces.
At an altitude of 4,000 feet above sea level, Las Cruces offers ample things to do as it is known as a vibrant and diverse hub of art and culture. No matter if you're coming to enjoy the abundant outdoor activities, delicious food, low cost of living, prime real estate, or renowned museums, there is something for everyone.
Before moving to Las Cruces, finding the best location for your lifestyle and preferences is vital. The homes in Las Cruces range in price and home style, but we can almost guarantee you find the perfect home for you.
New Mexico homes are known to be Pueblo-style, but Las Cruces offers many other styles like Adobe, Spanish Colonial, Southwestern, Modern, or Contemporary. Regardless of which you pick, it is essential to find the best neighborhood to keep reading to learn all about the top seven neighborhoods in Las Cruces.
Keep reading to learn all about the best neighborhoods in Las Cruces, NM.
Mesilla Park Manor
You have probably heard of the historic city of Mesilla, the best-known and most-visited historical community in Southern New Mexico. Surrounding Mesilla are many great neighborhoods, including Mesilla Park Manor. This neighborhood is one of the most sought-after neighborhoods for people looking for single-family homes.
Homes range in price from about $350,000 to $689,000. The neighborhood is mostly home to retirees and small families.
Several highly rated schools are close to Mesilla Park Manor, making it an excellent place for families to move to. There are also many grocery stores, cafes, restaurants, parks, and gyms around the area.
Homes range in size and style with Folk Victorian, Spanish-Pueblo Revival, Territorial Revival, Craftsman-style bungalows, and Ranch houses. No matter which home you land on, you can ensure you'll be happy living in Mesilla Park Manor.
- Historic Mesilla: This adorable town has a deep history and many opportunities for fun, entertainment, and education.
- New Mexico Museum of Space History: This fantastic museum is the perfect way to learn and experience space through many exhibitions, shows, and more.
- Rio Grande Vineyards and Winery: Located in the heart of Mesilla Valley, you can experience one of the country's oldest winemaking regions.
Located in the central part of Las Cruces, Parkhill Estates boasts a quiet atmosphere while still in a convenient location. Most homes are newly built and range from 1,500 to 2,000 square feet.
The homes also range in price from $260K to about $349K, giving you many options as a home buyer. The well-maintained neighborhood is most known as safe and clean, perfect for anyone moving to Las Cruces.
As a new neighborhood, each home was built with differing floor plans, excellent construction quality, and many customizable features. Most homes are either one or two-story and either Southwest or Ranch style.
The neighborhood features a great park for family fun, proximity to Highland Elementary and Monte Vista Middle School, and easy access to Highway 70 and I-25.
- Doña Ana Mountain Trails: This stunning area is perfect for hiking, biking, camping, and exploring for people of all experience levels.
- Spanish Kitchen: This locally owned restaurant is a local favorite for its mouthwatering menu of classic Mexican dishes.
- Veteran's Memorial Park: Visit this beautiful park, which features open grassy lawns, a picnic shelter, a playground, and memorials honoring veterans.
Sonoma Ranch is known as one of the safest places to live in Las Cruces. This luxury new home community boasts its championship golf course, central location, and beautiful homes for sale.
Located in the Organ Mountains' foothills, the homes are beautiful, and the views around the neighborhood are unmatched. You'll find a variety of home sizes, prices, and styles all surrounding the fantastic golf course.
Home to mostly families and retirees, Sonoma Ranch was built with convenience and peaceful living in mind. You'll be close to many restaurants, parks, cafes, shops, and two highly rated hospitals, MountainView Regional Medical Center and Memorial Medical Center.
Homes in Sonoma Ranch start at just $329,900 and range from 3-4 beds and 2-3 baths. Here you can basque in the picturesque views and peaceful atmosphere.
- Museum of Nature and Science: This small museum focuses on natural history exhibits and local wildlife.
- Chihuahuan Desert Nature Park: This unique nature park has a variety of trails for all ability levels and is a great way to spend the day near Sonoma Ranch.
- Sunset Grill: This new American restaurant and bar offers three meals and views overlooking Sonoma Ranch Golf Course.
Just minutes from New Mexico State University, downtown Las Cruces, and Old Mesilla, University Meadows is the perfect place for families or students to live. They feature many home styles and range from 1,498 to 2,276 square feet.
Located next to the conjunction of I-25 and I-10, you'll have easy access to any part of Las Cruces. This friendly, peaceful, and safe neighborhood has homes priced between $353,035 and $389,900.
University Meadows offers stunning mountain views and sunshine year-round, like Las Cruces' best neighborhoods.
- Zeffiro's Pizzeria Downtown\: Located in downtown Las Cruces, this pizzeria is the perfect place to catch a casual and delicious slice of pizza.
- New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum: This 47-acre interactive museum lets you explore New Mexico's 3,000-year history of farming and ranching.
- The Game Sports Bar and Grill: This eclectic pub provides a relaxing indoor and outdoor space with live music, refreshing drinks, and delicious food.
Overlooking Mesilla Valley is the private and family-friendly neighborhood of Picacho Hills. The community boasts its renowned country club, golf course, friendly community, tennis courts, and beautiful homes.
Known as one of the safest and most expensive neighborhoods, the median listing price of homes in Picacho Hills is about $643, but some homes are as costly as $1.3M. Homes in this neighborhood go fast for the panoramic mountain views and top-tier golf course. It would be best to act quickly to score a home in this fantastic Las Cruces neighborhood.
Not only is the neighborhood friendly, but it is a walkable community. You'll be close to many great things to do, like the Picacho Peak Recreation Area. Remember that you will need a car to get to downtown Las Cruces, but that is one of the perks of this hidden gem.
Picacho Hills features duplexes overlooking the golf course, large homes, and more within the gated community. Make sure also to check out the Picacho Hills Country Club, as it is one of the most highly-rated country clubs in the area.
- Mesilla Vally Bosque State Park: This stunning area allows you to explore the amazing wetlands and river woodlands by hiking, biking, or a guided tour.
- Farmers & Crafts Market: This fun market is the perfect place to visit with your family and friends or by yourself to see all the amazing vendors in the area.
- Picacho Hills Golf Course: If you decide to move into this amazing neighborhood, one of the first things you must do is play a round of golf at this renowned golf course.
The private gated neighborhood of Coronado Ridge is the perfect destination for families or retirees who value safety and a friendly community. Along with Picacho Hills, Coronado Ridge is one of the most expensive and nicest neighborhoods in Las Cruces.
Coronado Ridge features ample luxury homes with various styles, sizes, and prices. Homes range in price from about $749,000 to $1,285,00. Located at the edge of Picacho Hills Country Club, this neighborhood is very similar with its beautiful homes and peaceful living.
On over 200 acres and 127 lots, each home is designed to flow with the picturesque landscapes surrounding them. You can pick from new construction homes and older homes. Enjoy many amenities like pools, golf courses, and more. You'll see why Coronado Ridge has been the most popular neighborhood in the Las Cruces area.
- La Llorna Park: Enjoy the day outside at this great park with firepits, tables, playgrounds, and more.
- Rockin' Jump Indoor Trampoline Park: This fun-filled trampoline park is perfect for taking the kids on a rainy day.
- Las Cruces Railroad Museum: This great museum showcases many exhibitions about the local, national, and global themes to educate each visitor.
Dos Suenos Estates
Dos Suenos Estates is a beautiful neighborhood with homes differing in price from approximately $275K to $290K. The houses are mostly one to two stories, most suitable for small families, retirees, and young professionals.
Located in North Las Cruces, this neighborhood is just a short drive to downtown and near many top outdoor attractions. The location makes it a peaceful neighborhood with sidewalks down each road and beautiful views.
This neighborhood is one of the most affordable in Las Cruces and offers you everything you could need. If you are searching for a friendly and quiet community on the outskirts of Las Cruces, Dos Suenos Estates is for you.
- Los Mariachis: This casual Mexican restaurant features many of the best Mexican dishes for an affordable price.
- A Bite of Belgium: This casual restaurant offers Liège waffles, burgers, and other Belgian-style dishes and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Tortugas Mountain: This beautiful mountain is one of the best places to hike in Las Cruces and is just a short drive from Dos Suenos Estates.
FAQ: Best Neighborhoods in Las Cruces, NM
Here are some commonly asked questions about the best neighborhoods in Las Cruces, NM.
Is Las Cruces suitable for retirees?
Las Cruces has a large retirement community for many reasons: the weather is amazing, it is a friendly community, and there are many fun outdoor activities for residents.
Why is Las Cruces famous?
People from all across the nation travel to Las Cruces for Spaceport America, as Las Cruces is home to many historical accomplishments in the commercial spaceflight industry.
What are the best neighborhoods to live in Las Cruces, NM?
Las Cruces has many notable neighborhoods; some of the best are High Range, Sonoma Ranch East, and Messa Country Club.
What are the safest neighborhoods in Las Cruces, NM?
Most Las Cruces is considered relatively safe; if your top priority is safety, we recommend living in Sonoma Ranch, High Ranch, University Park, or Las Alturas.
Is crime bad in Las Cruces?
The crime rate in Las Cruces is higher than the national average but lower than most cities in New Mexico. It is known as one of the safest places to live in New Mexico.
Best Neighborhoods in Las Cruces - The Bottom Line
In addition to the beautiful homes in Las Cruces, the gorgeous city features an affordable cost of living. Not only will you be able to find a beautiful home, but housing prices are 21% lower than the national average. The median listing price in Las Cruces is about $410,512 and about $185 on average per square foot, making it one of the most affordable places to live in the state.
Home to the New Mexico State University (NMSU), Spaceport America, White Sands National Park, and much more. As the second-largest city in New Mexico, just behind Albuquerque, Las Cruces is the perfect place to move to as a young professional, student, retiree, or family.
New Mexico is known for its beautiful scenery, friendly communities, and fun-filled activities. Las Cruces is just one of the many incredible cities in New Mexico. If you find Las Cruces is not for you, there are still several other fantastic places to live in New Mexico, like Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Rosewell.
Don't hesitate to contact one of our highly qualified Real Estate Specialists to help you through the process. Our team at UpHomes is dedicated to helping you find the home of your dreams. Don't forget to check out the beautiful homes for sale in New Mexico.
Hi there! My name is Ryan Fitzgerald, and I am a REALTOR®. My goal is to help you learn more about real estate through our Real Estate Blog! Hopefully, you enjoyed the above blog post and it found a way to provide help or value to you. When you're ready to buy or sell a home of your own let us know here. Please feel free to join the conversation by dropping us a comment below.
If you are considering moving to Las Cruces, NM, there are many important factors to consider. Let's examine the cost of living, median home price, job market, and more.
December 15th, 2023
Are you considering moving to New Mexico and want to learn more about the actual cost of living? Let's take a look at the overall cost of living, average household income, real estate, and other expenses.
October 23rd, 2023
If you're considering moving to New Mexico, you're likely wondering what the best places to live in New Mexico are? You're in luck: There's a city, place, or town in New Mexico fit for any lifestyle - yours included.
October 18th, 2023
Are you considering moving to New Mexico and want to learn more about the area? Here are seven essential things to know before moving to New Mexico.
October 11th, 2023