September 26th, 2022
Best Places to Live in Gilbert
Are you searching for the best places to live in Gilbert, AZ? Check out these ten great places to live if you are moving to Gilbert!
Once referred to as the "Hay Shipping Capital of the World" until the late 1920s, Gilbert, Arizona, used to be a prime farming community and has since become one of the best places to live in Arizona. Now known as the fifth largest municipality in Arizona, the town of Gilbert is located just southeast of Phoenix within the city's metropolitan area.
Evolving into a fast-growing community and considered the largest town in the United States, many young professionals and families are moving here in search of job opportunities or to take advantage of the town's highly-rated public school system.
While the town is also known for its high Mormon population, Gilbert is unique in that nearly 40% of all Gilbert residents hold a bachelor's degree or higher, leading to a high household median income of $80,000. Offering its residents a sparse suburban feel and providing a safe and vibrant atmosphere, it is no wonder that the population size continues to grow year after year.
So if you are moving to Gilbert and trying to figure out the best area to live in, you have come to the right place. While Gilbert may house some of the region's wealthiest residents, Gilbert has no shortage of safe and affordable neighborhoods that will meet any budget.
Read on to learn about a few of the best neighborhoods in Gilbert and discover homes for sale in Gilbert!
This is where you should live in Gilbert, AZ!
Val Vista Lakes
The neighborhood of Val Vista Lakes is a fantastic place to live in Gilbert, with outstanding amenities and friendly neighbors. Home to 24 residential subdivisions, including several custom gated communities, Val Vista Lakes is a wonderful 900-acre community surrounded by beautiful lakes.
Val Vista Lakes is a welcoming and sought-after place to live in Gilbert, featuring distinct home collections, commercial areas, excellent schools, fantastic medical facilities, and several daily conveniences. Offering single-family homes, condos, and townhomes that were mostly built between 1986 to 2005, there is bound to be a place for you in this highly-ranked community.
- Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch: Created by the town of Gilbert in 1999, this lake provides recreational opportunities and educational programs to the public to preserve water resources and wildlife habitats.
- Freestone District Park: This 88-acre park features a recreation center, sports fields, a skate park, fishing areas, and a mini amusement park.
- Lakeside Park - Val Vista Lakes: This is an excellent place in the neighborhood to relax, go on a walk with your dog, and have a picnic.
Home to a population of over 32,706 residents, the neighborhood of Power Ranch is a charming 1,414-acre community that has gained a reputation for having a welcoming atmosphere and gorgeous homes ideal for families of all sizes. Offering its residents a true sense of community, Power Ranch has a median home price of $365,000 and an average home size of 2,176 square feet.
With homes designed with families in mind, Power Ranch is filled with gorgeous landscaping, tree-lined streets, walking trails, fishing lakes, clubhouses with pools, and multiple neighborhood parks that will keep all residents occupied without having to leave the community. In our opinion - Power Ranch is one of the best places to live in Gilbert!
- Culinary Dropout: Dine on comfort food and enjoy innovative cocktails in this British-style gastropub chain that is open all week long and features live music from local artists.
- Liberty Market: This trendy cafe serves espresso, wine, craft cocktails, breakfast items, and American fare in a remodeled space.
- The Farmhouse Restaurant: Enjoy breakfast and lunch specials, including pancakes and omelets, at this long-running American restaurant that has been open and serving the public since 1989.
Recognized as a highly sought-after golf community, the neighborhood of Seville offers some of the finest real estate in Gilbert. Described as a masterfully planned community where each home is beautifully designed at every price point, Seville is a great place to live in Gilbert, no matter your budget.
Living in Seville will provide various upscale amenities, including seven large community parks, three basketball courts, three volleyball courts, a country club with a championship golf course, tennis courts, pools, and a fitness center that appeal to all ages.
- Seville Golf and Country Club: Known as one of the best golf courses in Gilbert, this 18-hole course designed by Gary Panks features a clubhouse, banquet facility, sports club, and pools.
- Gilbert Regional Park: Bring the whole family to this park and take advantage of the large splash pad, modern playground, fishing lake, pickleball courts, volleyball courts, tennis courts, and green spaces.
- SanTan Village: Go shopping at this open-air regional lifestyle center that spans 1,200,000 square feet and features a diverse mixture of stores and delicious restaurants.
The lake-filled community of Layton Lakes is a scenic neighborhood in Gilbert that contains two top-rated schools, walking trails, and several family-friendly amenities. Considered to be a well-maintained and beautifully landscaped area, most of the homes in Layton Lakes were built in 1999 or are new.
Offering a variety of home types, including single-family homes, condos, and townhomes, most homes for sale in Layton Lakes range between 1,272 to 4,110 square feet and include three to five bedrooms and two to five bathrooms. The median sale price in this neighborhood is $647,500.
- Humble Bistro: Dine on Neapolitan-inspired pizza, and bistro masterpieces, all made with quality ingredients at this popular restaurant located in the heart of Gilbert.
- Henhouse Cafe: The go-to spot in town for breakfast favorites and down-home cooking, including chicken, waffles, and pancakes.
- New Mexican Grill: Providing counter-service Mexican and New Mexican cuisine in a casual atmosphere with good service and big plates.
The master-planned community of Morrison Ranch is located in the heart of Gilbert and is a highly desirable place to live that combines premium features with quality craftsmanship. Featuring tree-lined streets, public parks, and open green spaces, Morrison Ranch combines modern architecture with traditional styles, including Farmhouse, Ranch, and Cottage architectural designs.
- Copper and Logs: Located in Warner Greenfield Square, this gastropub is beloved for its tasty food, delicious drinks, large craft beer selection, and friendly staff.
- Salerno's: This circa-1966 Italian restaurant serves Chicago-style pizza and homemade rustic Italian dishes in a welcoming space.
- Caldwell County BBQ: If you love to barbecue, then visit this wood-smoked, Texas-style BBQ restaurant with a Mexican twist.
Located just a few miles from Downtown Gilbert, the neighborhood of Ashland Ranch is a great place to live in the city and comprises 693 homes. As a quiet community, Ashland Ranch is an ideal place to live for residents who enjoy an active lifestyle since the neighborhood is found near several recreational facilities and multiple public parks surrounded by natural Arizona beauty. Known to be a fantastic place to raise kids, Ashland Ranch is home to excellent schools, friendly neighbors, and quiet and peaceful streets.
- Gilbert Farmers Market: Open every Saturday, this open-air market has over 60 vendors that offer local, organic produce and artisanal products.
- Altitude Trampoline Park Gilbert: With over 35,000 square feet of indoor trampolines and other amenities, this park is a great party space or gathering spot for groups of friends.
- Discovery District Park: This local park is 48 acres and features jogging trails, a playground, a lake, soccer fields, basketball courts, and five multi-use fields.
With features and amenities that will keep even the most active of families entertained all year long, the master-planned community of Adora Trails in Gilbert is considered one of the city's best neighborhoods. Offering more than 12 miles of walking trails and amazing views of the San Tan Mountain Regional Park, Adora Trails is the place for adventure lovers since it is just minutes away from recreational activities such as hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
- Blue 32 Sports Grill: This sports bar chain in Gilbert serves modern American bar food such as fish and chips and burgers in a casual atmosphere.
- Slate Bistro and Bar: Enjoy burgers, prime rib, pasta, and other favorites at this eatery with a full bar and beautiful views of a golf course.
- The Nook - A Daytime Eatery: Order omelets, biscuits, and pancakes at this laid-back diner with generous portions, friendly service, and an outdoor patio.
The Islands community in Gilbert was developed between 1986 and 2015 and is a true oasis within the city since it comprises 80 acres of lakes and 30 acres of lush landscaping. Conveniently located close to downtown, The Islands community is home to a variety of commercial properties, single-family homes, townhomes, and condos that all range between 841 to 5,706 square feet. Some of the best schools in the area for those moving with school-aged children include Islands Elementary School, Mesquite Jr High School, and Chandler High School.
- GrindTime Coffee: Get your work done while sipping on a latte at this small, family-owned specialty coffee shop that specializes in a wide variety of hot and iced drinks.
- Matcha Grove: Found in a lovely space, this cafe is the best way to start your morning since it offers healthier alternatives to caffeine and a menu full of antioxidant-dense foods.
- Galapagos Coffee Shop LLC: Visit this coffee shop for excellent drinks, including a delicious iced chai latte and an array of tasty baked goods.
Consisting of 1,936 homes, the master-planned community of Lyons Gate is a fast-growing neighborhood with three community pools, eight playgrounds, multiple walking trails throughout the community, and a clubhouse that residents can rent out. A great area to call home for young and older families, Lyons Gate offers gorgeous floor plans that are all unique and loaded with designer features.
- Fire and Brimstone: This New American restaurant is known for its wood-fired dishes, small plates, and pizzas, all made using local ingredients.
- Joe's Farm Grill: Located on a local farm, this fast-food-style restaurant serves American fare, including a variety of burgers, pizza, salads, and desserts, in a good atmosphere.
- Thirsty Lion Gastropub - Gilbert: Serving gastropub fare that is all made using local and seasonal ingredients and providing a wide range of local craft beers and cocktails that are made using fresh fruit and premium liquors.
Found northeast of the intersection of Higley Road and Queen Creek Road, the family-friendly community of Coronado Ranch in Gilbert comprises 998 homes. It is described as a well-established place to live. Featuring primarily large single-family homes built between 2001 to 2004, most homes range from 1,498 to 4,015 square feet in size and have three to seven bedrooms and two to four bathrooms.
- Sushi Rock and Grill: Offering dine-in, takeout, and delivery options, this hidden gem in Gilbert serves delicious sushi, noodles, and happy hour deals.
- Pescado Borracho: Check out this contemporary Mexican restaurant that features seafood dishes, margaritas, and craft beer on tap.
- Cold Beer and Cheeseburgers: This neighborhood joint is a must-visit for burgers and cold beer.
The Best Places to Live in Gilbert - Final Thoughts
From single-family homes for sale in Gilbert to townhomes for sale in Gilbert, finding your dream home is possible with the help of our Realty Specialists. No matter what property type or home style you are looking for, our team is here to answer any questions you might have! We are here to help. Make sure to contact us today!
Hi there! My name is Ryan Fitzgerald, and I am a REALTOR®. My goal is to help you learn more about real estate through our Real Estate Blog! Hopefully, you enjoyed the above blog post and it found a way to provide help or value to you. When you're ready to buy or sell a home of your own let us know here. Please feel free to join the conversation by dropping us a comment below.