September 16th, 2022
Best Places to Live in Chandler
Are you relocating to Chandler, AZ? Check out these ten great neighborhoods in Chandler!
If you are moving to Chandler, Arizona, and have no idea where you should live, you are lucky since Chandler has several safe and pleasant areas to choose from. Named one of the best places to live in Arizona, Chandler offers its residents a dense suburban feel where most residents own their own homes.
Located in Maricopa County, Chandler is a Phoenix suburb with a growing population of over 257,076. Even though housing prices are 56% higher than the national average, many young professionals and families are moving to the area to take advantage of the city's excellent educational opportunities, high-tech companies, and recreational activities that individuals and families alike will enjoy.
With nearly 330 days of sunshine per year and located less than 30 minutes southwest of Phoenix, Chandler offers outstanding community amenities and diverse neighborhoods sought-after by many. With homes ranging in size and price, finding your dream home in Chandler is easy.
So, if you are ready to learn more about Chandler's best neighborhoods and local favorites, keep reading!
Here are the ten top places to live in Chandler!
Known for its colorful street art, eclectic shops, world-class restaurants, and exciting events throughout the year, Downtown Chandler offers a little something for everyone, no matter your age or interests. With its charming streets and number of long-run family businesses, Downtown Chandler is the place to live if you want a lively neighborhood near the city's heart.
Recognized as a historic district, Downtown Chandler is a beautiful place to explore and a safe community that features a tree-lined square, highly-rated schools, beautiful public parks, and a variety of top-rated attractions that make a living in Downtown Chandler ideal for young professionals, couples, and families.
- Chandler Center for the Arts: Functioning as the home theater for the City of Chandler and Chandler High School, this 64,000-square-foot and 1,500-seat theater hosts three performance spaces and a fine arts gallery.
- Chandler Fashion Center: Go shopping at this indoor mall with a mixture of high-end and mainstream retailers, a movie theater, and restaurants.
- Arizona Railway Museum: Learn about the history of the railroads in Arizona and the Southwestern United States through railroad artifacts and equipment.
Ocotillo is a master-planned community and sought-after residential neighborhood in Chandler that is located just minutes from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Offering premier restaurants, top retail shopping areas, and various community events throughout the year, Ocotillo is considered to be one of the best places to live in Chandler.
Home to the Ocotillo Golf Club, which offers 27 holes and three lake courses as well as winding walking trails, open green spaces, and resort-style apartment complexes that overlook parks and waterways, Ocotillo is a well-maintained community that has plenty to do. Providing single-family homes, townhomes, and condos built between 1987 and 2021, most homes range between 861 to 6,184 square feet and have between one to seven bedrooms and two to seven bathrooms.
- Stone and Vine Urban Italian: Serving homemade pasta, wood-fired pizza, seafood, salads, craft cocktails, and authentic Italian eats in a contemporary atmosphere.
- Sea and Smoke Mesquite Seafood Grill: Enjoy delicious and responsibly sourced seafood in a high-end atmosphere with great staff.
- Keegan's Grill: Dine on American comfort food at an affordable price at this kid-friendly neighborhood establishment that has been serving the area for over 15 years.
Nestled at the foot of the San Tan Mountains in Chandler, Sun Groves's residential community comprises 600 acres. It features plenty of open green spaces, walking trails, a lake, and beautiful common areas. Offering its residents a quiet atmosphere while also being surrounded by the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, major roadways such as Loop 101, Sun Groves is a desirable place to live.
Providing a variety of property types and home styles, including single-family homes, townhomes, and condos built between 2002 to 2019, most homes in Sun Groves range between 1,373 to 3,903 square feet and include three to six bedrooms and two to four bathrooms.
Located near some of the best schools in Chandler, including Navarrete Elementary School, Willie, and Coy Payne Jr. High School, and Basha High School, families, moving with school-aged children love living in Sun Groves.
- Someburros: Order Sonoran-style Mexican favorites at this counter-service restaurant known for its fantastic food, reasonable prices, and friendly staff.
- Tryst Cafe: This organic and natural eatery is known for its wide selection of vegetarian options and extensive gluten-free menu.
- The Wild Vine Uncorked: Located in a brick-walled space, this lively restaurant and comfortable wine bar serve global tapas and tasty culinary creations.
With a population of over 14,868 residents, the neighborhood of Sun Lakes is an active adult community and census-designated place in Maricopa County, just minutes from the Chandler Fashion Center Mall and significant businesses. Comprised of five country club communities and three homeowner associations, Sun Lakes offers a variety of amenities and activities to homeowners, including a golf course, swimming pools, a fitness center, tennis courts, and pickleball courts.
- Blue 32 Sports Grill: Visit this lively sports bar and grill for modern American bar food and delicious drinks.
- Palo Verde Restaurant: Order great food and top-shelf drinks at this popular neighborhood American restaurant with live music and attentive service.
- Stone and Barrel, an IronOaks Taphouse: This is a great place to grab lunch or dinner with friends or to watch the sunset on the patio while enjoying delicious food and drink specials.
With a population of 2,677 residents and an average age of 48 years old, the neighborhood of Carino Estates is a beautiful place to raise kids. Known for its excellent safety rating and friendly neighbors, most homes in Carino Estates that are for sale only spend an average of 25 days on the market.
Offering a variety of amenities and activities that all ages will enjoy, most residents can be seen walking their dogs, jogging, or playing in the park with their children when the weather is nice. Known for its access to highly-rated schools, some of the best schools in the area that feed into the neighborhood include T. Dale Hancock Elementary School, Bogle Junior High School, and Hamilton High School.
- Serranos Mexican Food Restaurant: This family-owned local chain is known for serving some of the best Mexican food in town.
- Macayo's Mexican Food: Located in Las Tiendas Village, this family-owned restaurant serves innovative contemporary Mexican dishes and family-crafted recipes for lunch, dinner, and happy hour.
- Green Corner Restaurant: This counter-service Middle Eastern restaurant serves Mediterranean salads, entrees, and sandwiches that are all made using high-quality and flavorful ingredients.
San Marcos Estates
San Marcos Estates mostly features midsize single-family homes, townhomes, and reasonably priced condos. This well-established community has houses that were built between 1987 to 2018 and range from 1,559 to 2,446 square feet. Offering homes that have three to five bedrooms and two to three bathrooms, San Marcos Estates is a great place to live in Chandler for established professionals and families.
As part of the Chandler Unified Public School District, some of the best schools in the area for those moving with school-aged children include San Marcos Elementary School, Bogle Junior High School, and Hamilton High School.
- Downtown Chandler Cafe and Bakery: Serving breakfast and lunch items, including French toast, waffles, sandwiches, and salads, all week.
- Peixoto Coffee Roasters: This small-batch coffee roaster is a great place to grab fresh coffee and baked goods in town.
- Black Rock Coffee Bar: Providing a wide variety of coffee drinks, including classic, specialty, and iced espresso beverages, as well as smoothies in a contemporary space.
Much like its name suggests, the neighborhood of West Chandler is located in the west of the city and is one of the most popular residential areas in Chandler. Considered an excellent place to live, West Chandler is great for those searching for a safe area full of various affordable homes. Located close to the city center and not far from Phoenix, West Chandler is one of the most attractive communities in the city that is home to local shops, excellent schools, and highly-rated restaurants.
- Chandler Museum: Offering free admission, this beloved cultural destination is complete with world-class exhibits, community-focused programs, and forums.
- San Tan Gardens - Brewery and Distillery Tours: Visit and take a tour of Arizona's largest brewery and distillery facility that spans 35,000 square feet and concludes with a tasting.
- Crayola Experience Chandler: A go-to spot to bring younger kids, this one-of-a-kind attraction features all sorts of hands-on, creative fun where kids and adults alike can express their creativity and explore art and technology in a new way.
Provinces Master Community
Recognized as the first master-planned community in the city of Chandler, the Provinces Master Community is one of the most desired neighborhoods for families in Chandler due to its convenient location and access to the top-rated Chandler Unified School District.
Located close to the 101 and the 202 freeways and within a five-minute drive from the Historic Downtown Chandler district, the Provinces Master Community offers prime access to top amenities and attractions in the city. In our opinion - Provinces Master Community is one of the best places to live in Chandler.
- Hot Wok Chinese Restaurant: Specializing in stir-fries, noodles, and other popular Chinese dishes in a casual and family-friendly setting.
- Nanas Kitchen: This is the best place in the Phoenix area to get home-cooked meals and large portions inspired by family traditions.
- Mambo's Dominican Kitchen: Dine on Dominican sandwiches, meats, vegetarian options, and traditional plates in a homey atmosphere.
Described as a quiet and exclusive gated community at the Ocotillo Resort and Golf Club, the neighborhood of Cantabria Shores offers its residents resort living at its finest. With a median listing home price of $565,000, Cantabria Shores mostly features midsize single-family homes that are all competitively priced. Attracting buyers from all over the Chandler area, most homes in this neighborhood were built in 1998 and range between 1,188 to 2,033 square feet.
- Sawtooth Bar and Grill: Located in the Corona del Sol Plaza, this cozy sports bar offers pub fare, tap beers, craft cocktails, and features karaoke.
- The Sicilian Butcher Chandler: Featuring a terrace and happy hour specials, dine on excellent Italian meals in this modern-casual atmosphere.
- Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant: Order made-from-scratch Mexican food and margaritas in a hacienda-stye setting for lunch and dinner.
Described as a fantastic community with some of the best schools and top amenities, the residential neighborhood of Cooper Commons has a population of 4,836 residents and an average age of 46 years old. Located within an hour's drive to Phoenix, this quiet and laid-back community is a great place to live for families due to its safe atmosphere, friendly neighbors, and access to highly-rated schools.
- Grove Coffee: Located in a comfy space and featuring plenty of seating, this beautiful coffee shop offers tasty coffee and specialty drinks.
- Ziggi's Coffee: Serving classic brews, blended drinks, fruit smoothies, teas, and light eats.
- Rapha Tea Boba Tea House: This local boba tea franchise offers a wide range of drinks and finger foods in a chic atmosphere.
Best Places to Live in Chandler, AZ - Final Thoughts
With its family-friendly atmosphere and suburban feel, Chandler has been rated one of the wealthiest places in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. From mature traditional neighborhoods to vibrant, lively communities in the heart of Downtown Chandler, there is bound to be a place to live in Chandler that matches your lifestyle.
If you are interested in searching for homes for sale in Chandler, please contact us today! Our experienced and reliable Real Estate Specialists are ready to help you find single-family homes for sale in Chandler, new construction homes for sale in Chandler, luxury homes for sale in Chandler, and townhomes for sale in Chandler. We are ready to help you kick-start your home search!